Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 has best feature to secure your data and keep it safe that’s System Image Backup utility, by using this feature you can Create the backup of your entire computer and easy to restore it back. This backup contains the full installation of the operating system, settings, desktop programs, Windows apps, and all your personal files.
In case of you stuck on Critical Software errors or Hardware issues for that way this feature could save your whole data from getting lost. It creates an Image backup of each and everything in your PC bit by bit.
Follow these steps to create an image backup :
How to Create an image backup in Windows 8.1 or 10
- Right-click the Start button and launch Control Panel.
- Click File History.
- While in File History, click the System Image Backup link in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Connect an external USB hard drive with enough free space.
- In the backup wizard, you’ll be prompted to choose from one of the three options to save the backup. For this example, we are going select the hard drive you just connected. However, keep in mind that you can backup to DVD blanks and a network share, but these options will slow down the backup process.
- Click Next.
- Confirm and begin the process by clicking Start backup.
The Backup Process takes 10 minutes to 2 hours, It depends on the amount of data on System.
While the Backup Process you can use the PC normally as you do. After the System Image Backup utility completes the task, remember to keep the hard drive in a very safe place.
Follow the following steps to Restore your Computer from Backup :
How to Restore your Computer from a Backup
- Connect the drive with the System Image Backup and reboot your computer and then Boot into Windows Setup using Bootable USB or Windows Bootable DVD.
- During the Windows Setup, click Next, then click the Repair your computer.
- Click on Troubleshoot, click Advanced options, and select System Image Recovery.
- Now select the target operating system you want to recover, click Next and Finish.
The Process will run along and will take 1 to 2 Hours to get your System to the Fully Functional with your all data restored.