Halloween Quotes : Halloween is a day, which is dedicated to remembering the dead, including, saints, martyrs, and all the faithful departed. It is a fun time of year. It is celebrated on 31st of October in the whole world. people decorate their houses and buy some tasty candy and costumes. People wear so many different kinds of scary costumes and go to the places and children go in costumes from house to house and ask for treatment and gifts. All people are so much excited for the celebration of Halloween’s day. They meet and share their thought and give wishes to each other.
There is a special role of costumes in Halloween festival. Children and couples get busy to search for their costumes. The couple looks for matching and stylish costumes of any cosplay. They celebrate this festival on social media too. They send Best wishes, quotes, greetings, and sayings to their beloved ones through Twitter and Facebook.
Halloween is a festival celebrated in many countries in October. It is popularly known and recognized among people as Halloween, Hallowe’en, Allhalloween, All Hallows’ Eve, or All Saints’ Eve. It is celebrated on 31 October, the eve of the Western Christian feast of All Hallows’ Day and Reformation Day. It is one of the most prominent celebrations observed between fall and winter. It straddles between both the seasons; fall and winter.
Formerly, it was limited to colonial England, Maryland and southern colonies only. Later on, as the customs of different European ethnic groups and American Indians meshed, a new American version of Halloween began to emerge. It is believed that it originated with the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain, wherein people would light bonfires and wear scary costumes to ward off roaming ghosts. On this day, people dress up and wear scary costumes to keep
ghosts and bad spirits away. It helps us to understand that these bad things are not something to be scared of. Just stand up and wear one scary costume and scare these scary things that people assume are present in this world.
In the eighth century; Pope Gregory III declared November 1 as All Saint’s Day in order to honor all saints and martyrs and incorporated some of the traditions of the Samhain festival. The evening before this festival was called All Hallows’ Eve that later evolved as Halloween. Over time, Halloween has become a community-based event
signifying child-friendly activity and just having fun. It is now considered as an amazing way of people gatherings, costumes and sweet treats as it stands between fall and winter. This is the perfect time
to have a celebration when fall is almost over and winter has come. People gather, play, sing, dance, have fun and celebrate the best time of the year with their loved ones.
We have some of the best Halloween quote of all time. Wear a funny and scary costume this Halloween and send these awesome quotations about Halloween to your friends. Have some fun by wearing a scary costume and do not forget to scare your friends. Make some scary yet funny memories this Halloween.
There is nothing interesting than sharing Halloween quote and messages on social media. Because Halloween quote and pictures are so much cooler and scary.
We bring you the largest collection of halloween quotes collection to share with your friends and family. Celebrate Halloween by sharing one of these spooky quotes with the friendly ghosts, ghouls, and goblins in your life.
Scary Halloween Quotes
- “Tis the night—the night
Of the grave’s delight,
And the warlocks are at their play;
Ye think that without,
The wild winds shout,
But no, it is they—it is they!”
- “I think if human beings had genuine courage, they’d wear their costumes every day of the year, not just on Halloween. Wouldn’t life be more interesting that way? And now that I think about it, why the heck don’t they? Who made the rule that everybody has to dress like sheep 364 days of the year? Think of all the people you’d meet if they were in costume every day. People would be so much easier to talk to – like talking to dogs. ”
- “I was born on the night of Samhain, when the barrier between the worlds is whisper-thin and when magic, old magic, sings its heady and sweet song to anyone who cares to hear it.”
- “First of all, it was October, a rare month for boys.”
- “Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder’s fork, and blind-worm’s sting,
Lizard’s leg, and owlet’s wing,—
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.
Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and caldron bubble.”
- “But from that moment on, Hermione Granger became their friend. Because there are somethings you can’t go through in life and become friends, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them.”
- “October proved a riot a riot to the senses and climaxed those giddy last weeks before Halloween.”
- “The farther we’ve gotten from the magic and mystery of our past, the more we’ve come to need Halloween. October Dreams: A celebration of Halloween”
- “Oh how the candles will be lit and the wood of worm burn in a fiery dust. For on all Hallow’s Eve will the spirits come to play, and only the fruit of thy womb will satisfy their endless roaming.”
- “It took me a moment. I blinked, and suddenly it swam into focus and I had to frown very hard to keep myself from giggling out loud like the schoolgirl Deb had accused me of being.
Because he had arranged the arms and legs in letters, and the letters spelled out a single small word: BOO.
The three torsos were carefully arranged below the BOO in a quarter-circle, making a cute little Halloween smile. What a scamp.”
- “Real life… Witches: Wiccan practitioners. Werewolves: rare strain of rabies. Zombies: Prions/Plague. Vampires: Hemophilia/Porphyria”
Cute Halloween Sayings
- Hope your day doesn’t suck like a vampire. May you have an amazing day and a freakishly scary Halloween!
- Keep calm, trick or treat and carry on.
- This Halloween I’d like to tell you a thing or two, it’s okay to be the devil, it’s okay to have a tattoo, it’s okay to be an angel, it’s okay to trick or treat too.
- Hope all the candies don’t go to WAIST. Happy Halloween!
- May you have a fang-tastic evening, ghoul-friend! I am so lucky to have you in my life. Halloween wishes to you!
- Free flying lessons, BYOB. Bring your own broom.
- I have a sugar crush on you. Happy Halloween!
- Roses are red, violets are blue, I’m out of candy, look how scary are you.
- Life with you is just getting boo-tter and better. Happy Halloween!
Halloween Quotes for Kids
- Hark! Hark to the wind! ‘Tis the night, they say,
When all souls come back from the far away-
The dead, forgotten this many a day!
- From ghoulies and ghosties and long leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord, deliver us!
- At first cock-crow the ghosts must go
Back to their quiet graves below.
- Men say that in this midnight hour,
The disembodièd have power
To wander as it liketh them,
By wizard oak and fairy stream.
- Bring forth the raisins and the nuts-
Tonight All-Hallows’ Spectre struts
Along the moonlit way.
- Just like a ghost, you’ve been a-haunting’ my dreams, So I’ll propose on Halloween. Love is kinda crazy with a spooky little girl like you.
- O horror! Horror! Horror! Tongue nor heart Cannot conceive nor name thee!
- Nothing on Earth so beautiful as the final haul on Halloween night.
- ‘Tis now the very witching time of night, When churchyards yawn and hell itself breathes out, Contagion to this world.
- A house is never still in darkness to those who listen intently; there is a whispering in distant chambers, an unearthly hand presses the snib of the window, the latch rises. Ghosts were created when the first man awoke in the night.
- At Halloween, when fairy sprites
Perform their mystic gambols,
When ilka witch her neebour greets,
On their nocturnal rambles;
When elves at midnight-hour are seen,
Near hollow caverns sportin,
Then lads an’ lasses aft convene,
In hopes to ken their fortune,
By freets that night.
- The spirit-world around this world of sense
Floats like an atmosphere, and everywhere
Wafts through these earthly mists and vapours dense
A vital breath of more ethereal air.
Happy Halloween Quotes
- “First of all, it was October, a rare month for boys. Not that all months aren’t rare. But one strange year, halloween came early….don’t you ditch me jim nightshade…don’t talk death. Someone might hear…”
- “I met this six-year-old child, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes… the devil’s eyes.”
- “Did you know that at one time trick-or-treating was stopped? It’s true. During World War II children were not allowed to trick or treat because there was a sugar shortage.”
- “Halloween is a celebration of the inversion of reality and a necessary Gothic hat-tip to the darker aspects of life, death and ourselves.”
- “Samhain is the threshold to the Season of Death.
The fertile fields of summer give way to the bare forests of autumn. As crops slowly die and winter takes over, the cycle of life is once again approaching
- “The sky grew orange and pink, a pale ghost of the full moon appeared above Salem, waiting to glow brilliant in the velvet black hiding just beyond the twilight.”
- “The laughter of children filled the crisp air while off-beat rhythms of knocks and door bells mixed with a chorus of “trick or treat” that sang out into the early evening.”
- “Most people will tell you growing up means you stop believing in Halloween things – I’m telling you the reverse. You start to grow up when you understand that the stuff that scares you is part of the air you breathe.”
- “It’s when dead dogs bark that werewolves howl.”
- “The world turned upside down – in a good way – for one black velvet night.”
- “It was dark, now, the gossamer moon hanging among diamond stars in the soft black of the night.”