As for as Gaming is concerned in recent 6 to 10 years there has been a sharp increase in PC Gaming and most important increase laptop gaming.
Companies like Dell, HP, Toshiba, MSi, Eurocom, and Razor have been building amazing high specs laptops with Dedicated AMD and Nvidia GPU in it for Gamers, High-end Programmers and Photographers. Many Gamers are trying to run latest games on their laptops but sometimes they are facing low gaming results like game lags and running slowly or even not at all.
Even though their Notebooks, Laptops or Surface Books are having dedicated powerful Nvidia GPU for better and high performance in high programming or playing heavy games like Halo Wars Definitive Edition, Grand Theft Auto V or other top new games.
So here is the easy way to force Nvidia GPU for games :
How to force your laptop to use the powerful discrete NVIDIA GPU for games
- Type Nvidia into the Start Menu or Search to find the Nvidia Control Panel.
- Click Manage 3D Settings is selected in the left column.
- Select the Program Settings tab on the right side.
- Check the game you want in the drop down list, or click Add if you can’t find it and then Click Add Selected Program to add the game or program to the list.Note: Often some games don’t find their way into the list by default, and need to be added
- After target game/program selected, now select High-performance NVIDIA processor from the bottom drop down menu.Note: The program might lock up briefly while it does the switch over, be patient!
Games mostly seems to have no issues and in selecting the correct graphics processor, but sometimes games from the Windows 10 Store seem to get a bit confused. This method best workaround for now until Microsoft issues an auto fix for it.