Windows 10 has delivered several new options to its users, however those running Windows 10 Mobile on their devices have an additional advantage: The Power to run android apps like WConnect. Microsoft had declared within the past that they wished to implement this feature in Windows 10 Mobile, and that they did, thus here is how you’ll be able to run android apps in your Windows Phone.
Running Android Apps or Games in Windows 10 Mobile using WConnect:
First of all, below are some necessary notes that you simply should read before proceeding:
1. Not all devices running Windows 10 Mobile are ready to run android apps at this time. Below is a list of the supported devices:
- Nokia Lumia 920
- Nokia Lumia 925
- Nokia Lumia 929 / Verizon Icon
- Nokia Lumia 830
- Nokia Lumia 930
- Nokia Lumia 1520
- Nokia Lumia 635 (1GB RAM variant)
- Nokia Lumia 730
- Nokia Lumia 820
- Nokia Lumia 435
- Nokia Lumia 928
So, please don’t attempt following this WConnect technique if your device isn’t included in this list since the possibilities of it working are pretty low, and it might brick your device.
Wconnect is apk windows 10 insider tool.
2. There are some users who report that this method of WConnect froze their devices, and then they were needed to perform a complete re-flashing in order to create them practical once more. Therefore, don’t do that unless you’re absolutely conscious of the possible damage that would be done to your device.
3. Even though you succeed performing the method, you must know that not all android apps can run properly. If an app depends on a Google Service, that in fact isn’t on the store in your Windows Phone, it’ll not be able to run properly.
If you have completely read the above notes and decided you would like to continue, you can now proceed to the instructions:
- First download the Connect tool from here, and then android SDK in the adb tool from here
- Unzip good sdk ensure ADB commands are working.
- Unzip the connect tool, install IpOverUsbInstaller.msi and vcredist_x86.exe.
- Now open Windows 10 Phone Settings > Update and security > Developers. Check Developer Mode, open the Device Discovery
- Just unzip the archive directory (assuming D:\tools\) Open a command line mode:
1) If you have connected your phone over USB. Run wconnect.exe usb
2) If you are connected over WiFi, and your PC and Phone or on same network. Run D:\tools\wconnect.exe 192.168.xxx.xxx
- Both methods run smoothly, and it will prompt for pairing using pin code. Enter the same.
- In case you get Error code make sure the device is connected, your pairing codes are correct, and the phone is listed in the support lit.
- To check list of devices attached, try the ADB command “ADB Devices”.
- Now Download the Android file (.apk) to this directory, and use the command “adb install xxx.apk” to install it on Windows 10 Mobile.
If you have any questions or problems regarding this topic, then leave us a message at Contact Us .