To download the iOS 11 public beta, you need to sign up for the iOS 11 beta program. The free Apple Beta program allows you to test prerelease software on your iPhone and iPad so that you can try all the new iOS 11 features before the fall iOS 11 release.
It’s a good idea to sign up for the Apple Beta program now, instead of after the iOS 11 public beta starts, even if you don’t plan to use the first beta that is often more buggy. When you sign up you will then have the option to install the iOS 11 beta on your iPhone or iPad, but you don’t need to do it immediately.
The iOS 11 public beta release date is set for late June, so if you sign up today you won’t be able to download it immediately. If you don’t want to try the iOS 10.3.3 beta, it’s a good idea to sign up now and then wait to install the profile that you will have to download until later.
How to Sign Up for the iOS 11 Public Beta
While you can skip this step and download the iOS 11 beta to your device today without joining the Apple Beta program, the developer beta is often buggier and most users will have a better time using the public iOS 11 beta. If you used the iOS 10 beta or any other Apple Beta, you may need to sign in, instead of signing up for the beta.
- Go to the Apple Beta Program website
- Click the Sign-Up Button.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Read and agree to the iOS 11 Beta Agreement.
You are now part of the iOS Beta Program, and when the iOS 11 public beta release arrives you can download it. You can continue reading these instructions for how to download the profile. If you download it now, you should be ready for the iOS 11 public beta release, but you can only download the iOS 10.3.3 public beta at this point.
- Click on the iOS tab.
- Click on enroll your iOS device.
- Backup your iPhone or iPad and take these steps.
- Go to beta.apple.com/profile on your iPhone.
- Install the iOS 11 Beta Profile.
- Check for a new iOS update on your iPhone.
- Install the iOS 11 public beta as you would any other update.