You may have noticed that your Windows 10 PC feels like it is always installing updates and patches. There’s no way to stop Windows updates in Windows 10. At least, there wasn’t until recently.
Microsoft plans to begin rolling out the Windows 10 Creators Update soon. There are a few nice-to-have features that are tucked inside the software refresh. Some of the apps have new options and features. Cortana voice commands can be used to shut down your PC or start listening to music. Arguably, the most important new feature tucked into the Windows 10 Creators Update is the ability to stop Windows updates in Windows 10.
There are two ways to Stop Windows Updates in Windows 10 :
- How to stop Windows updates in Windows 10 Temporarily
In this method it will Pause big Windows updates for 7 days, And then after 7 days the Windows Update will complete all the updates automatically. In meanwhile you won’t be able to Pause Windows Updates again until updates are not done completely.
- How to stop Windows updates in Windows 10 Permanently
In this method Windows Updates will be Disabled Permanently until the time you don’t Enable it yourself.
1- How to stop Windows updates in Windows 10 Temporarily
- Open the Start Screen or Start Menu on your device by tapping or clicking on the Windows button in the taskbar. You can also press the Windows button on your keyboard.
- From the Start Screen or Start Menu, tap or click on the Settings cog in the bottom-left corner of your screen. This shortcut opens the Settings app. You can also search for the Settings app in the search bar that’s built into the taskbar.
- Tap or click on Update & Security.
- The first thing you should see is the Windows Update area. On the right is a list of updates that need to be installed, if there are any. You’ll also see a notice here if it’s time to restart your PC because of a pending update that has already been installed. If you’re fine with the updates you already see in the list, let them finish installing and come back here after your PC has restarted.When you’re ready to stop Windows Updates in Windows 10, tap or click on the Advanced Options link.
- Now look for the switch in the center of your screen that’s labeled Pause Updates. If you’re sure that you want to stop Windows updates in Windows 10 for a full week, tap or click on the switch.Take note of the date that listed under the switch. This is the day that your Windows 10 PC will automatically turn updates back on.
2- How to stop Windows updates in Windows 10 Permanently
- Tap or click on the Search Button in the taskbar. You can also press the Windows button + S on your keyboard.
- Type “Services” in Search Box and Click or Tap on Services Desktop App.
- The Services window will open scroll down and check For Windows Update option.
- Right click Windows Update and Click on Properties.
- Open the DropDown list in front of Startup type: and Select Disabled.
- Now Click Apply and OK. And Restart your System.
Now you System is all good to go and it will not do windows updates or download updates until you don’t wish too.
Whenever you wished to Enable the Windows Update just follow same steps and from Step 4 Select Automatic from the DropDown list and Click Apply and OK and Restart your System.